A message like the following is logged, where
node_statusdoes not match the node's true current status, and then Pacemaker initiates a failover.
ACT: Using getParameter.py as fallback - node_status=<wrong_status> *or* ACT: hdbnsutil not answering - using global.ini as fallback - node_status=<wrong_status>
Secondary node does not get promoted after SAP HANA binaries are lost on the primary node in a High Availability cluster.
- HANA is in stopped state on both nodes of a Pacemaker cluster after losing the
hdbbinaries on the primary node.
- When the cluster is in maintenance mode, HANA continues to run on both nodes after the
hdbbinaries are removed from one node. When the cluster is not in maintenance mode, the
SAPHanaresource agent takes action to stop the HANA instances.
SAPHanaTopologyresource logs the following, where
srmodedoes not match the node's true current SR mode.
ACT: hdbnsutil not answering - using global.ini as fallback - srmode=<wrong_mode>
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 for SAP Solutions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for SAP Solutions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for SAP Solutions
- SAP HANA System Replication in Scale-Up with Pacemaker
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.