- When shutting down a cluster node from vCenter, the node fails to be fenced by
- When a VMWare cluster node is shutdown gracefully, its SCSI registrations and reservations disappear on their own
- When simulating a failure scenario where the active node providing service is shut down forcefully, the backup node does not take over the service.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 or 6 or 7 with the High Availability Add On
- VMWare vCenter / ESXi 5.0 or 5.1
- VMs using shared storage presented via Virtual Disk Files (VMDKs) or Raw Device Mapping (RDM)
- SCSI Persistent Reservation Fencing (
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.