- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Xen Virtualization.
- The virtual system shows "Unknown host" in Red Hat Network.
- Run the /usr/share/rhn/virtualization/poller.py to detect the guests on host system,
# python /usr/share/rhn/virtualization/poller.py
- Run the profile sync,
- Entries in cron job /etc/cron.d/rhn-virtualization.cron are commented,
# 0-59/2 * * * * root python /usr/share/rhn/virtualization/poller.py
rhnsdservice is not running.
# service rhnsd status
- Check whether /etc/cron.d/rhn-virtualization.cron has correct entry as below and it should not be commented,
# cat /etc/cron.d/rhn-virtualization.cron 0-59/2 * * * * root python /usr/share/rhn/virtualization/poller.py
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.