- During a planned NetApp maintenance with graceful failover from one Netapp controller to the other, the RHEL kernel suddenly and unexpectedly used up all 129,000 file handles.
- LSOF of the server at the time showed only a few thousand file handles in use by all processes combined.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, version 6
- HP DL series system
- Fibre connected NetApp filer
- Vertica Database application
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.