- In various cases, including for compatibility with Windows 7, Windows 2008R2 or later releases, migrating to Samba 3.3 or higher is required.
- The "samba" packages of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 contain Samba 3.0, Red Hat ships newer releases through the samba3x packages.
- How to backup existing samba configuration files and upgrade samba (samba-3.0) to samba3x
- Upgrade to latest version of samba (samba3x) is required for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.