- In a number of conditions, such as a loss of connectivity to a wide area network, a DNS resolution issue, a downtime of the relay host (usually defined with the
SMART_HOSTdirective in the sendmail configuration files), sendmail will not be able to deliver messages.
- Those messages are then queued as deferred messages.
- Once working production conditions are restored, messages are not delivered immediately.
- The E-mail service can be impacted by the resulting delay.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4 or 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.