- Windows clients are prevented from accessing network shares with guest access enabled.
smb.conf [global] workgroup = <> server string = <> security = user ntlm auth = yes cups options = raw max protocol = SMB2 map to guest = Bad User [share] path = /share browseable = yes guest ok = yes
- Windows client gets this error
Windows can't find `\\<ip-address>`. Check the spelling and try again.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.X
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.X
- Windows 10 and Later Versions
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.