- Processes accessing a GFS2 file system or file systems are "hanging" or "freezing".
- Processes that are in this hung state show as being in "D" state in ps output.
- On RHEL 5.5 or higher backtrace begins to appear in the messages logs indicating that processes have hung for more than 120 seconds.
- The processes being logged are the processes attempting to access GFS2.
- No matter how much time is allowed to pass the file system never returns to an operational state.
- The only workaround is to reboot one or more of the nodes in the cluster
- The hangs hapen with some regularity
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6
Red Hat Global File System 2
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.