- When using the system set manager to upgrade a package on a number of systems (for example 10) the satellite generates 10 events. When using the same mechanism to install a new package on these systems only one event will be pending but for 10 systems. The same behavior is when you remove a package.
- When using the System Set Manager to install or remove a package on a number of systems, Satellite will generate one pending event for multiple systems.
- Instead scheduling an upgrade of a package on a number of systems, Satellite will generate one event for each system to upgrade (10 system = 10 distinct events).
- Customer would like the upgrade function to generate one event, similarly to what already happens for installation and removal of packages.
- When a certain upgrade action needs to be cancelled, this means having to cancel one event for each system which it was scheduled for. In certain environments, this could meant up to thousands events to cancel individually, which is unfeasible.
Red Hat Network Satellite or Proxy
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.