How to use properties files in JBoss EAP?
We would like to set some values in our configuration via a properties file. Is this possible in EAP 6 (like in previous JBoss releases)?
In former JBoss versions we heavily used the "-P" option to pass a system properties file to the server configuration. Does this only work in standalone mode?
How do I specify multiple properties files at startup?
- Can standalone.xml refer to a custom system property ?
- How to use external path for properties file?
What is the replacement of jboss-service.xml in Jboss eap 6.3.3 if I want to specify global property ?
I am using JBoss FSW6.2.1 with EAP 6.4. I have defined resource adapter in my standalone-ha.xml at standalone-ha.xml. Now, in the resource adapter configuration, I am using
attribute. I want its value to come from a property file, say sample.properties. My question is:
- Where should I place this sample.properties file
- What configuration and steps are required so that
attribute will pick up the value from the property file
- We are trying to define a variable in JVM arguements and JBoss keeps complaining unable to resolve . We ended up hardcoding the value . Could you please let us know whats the best way of defining a variable so that we can pass values to variables while starting server instance.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.