- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (as KVM host)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (as KVM guest)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (as KVM guest)
- I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 OS as virtual host machine with few RHEL guest running on it.
- Monitor attached to host system is capable of displaying much higher resolution than what the guest OS is displaying currently, which is 1024x768.
- How do I set the resolution of guest OS to higher value to utilize the higher resolution supported by my monitor?
Configure RHEL VM to use spice protocol with qxl video hardware to support higher video resolution than 1024x768.
In RHEL6 host system Access RHEL guest's properties and set Display Type to Spice and Video Model to qxl.
Start the VM and then reconfigure Xorg if required.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.