- I tried to install the
java-1.7.0-openjdk-126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52.el6_3.x86_64rpm and experienced several dependancies issues
- dependencies indicated by yum, which made me no problem :
alsa-lib x86_64 1.0.17-1.el5 giflib x86_64 4.1.3-7.3.3.el5 jline noarch 0.9.94-0.9.el5_6 jpackage-utils noarch 1.7.3-1jpp.3.el5 rhino noarch 1.7-0.7.r2.3.el5_6 tzdata-java x86_64 2012j-1.el5
- a dependency unindicated by yum
ca-certificate, which I solved with a non-RH package (I couldn't have it in RHEL repository : used Mozilla, as indicated)
- then a dependency which lead me to a long list of RHEL6 packages
libpulse.so.0()(64bit) is needed by java-1.7.0-openjdk-184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11.el6_3.x86_64 AND libpulse.so.0(PULSE_0)(64bit)
- So I used pulseaudio-libs-0.9.21-14.el6_3.x86_64.rpm, which made me use libasyncns-0.8-1.1.el6.x86_64.rpm, which made me use libsndfile-1.0.20-5.el6.x86_64.rpm, which made me use libvorbis-1.1.2-3.el5_7.6.x86_64.rpm and flac-1.2.1-6.1.el6.x86_64.rpm which made me use libogg-1.1.3-3.el5.x86_64.rpm, which needs a 2.7 version of GLIBC...
- So it doesn't seem to me I can install it on a RHEL5.8 with glibc 2.5.81 (other system dependencies about rpmlib showed as well, this is secondary point).
- And at last, I had those direct dependencies from openjdk packages (devel & base) which are the main point :
rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 is needed by java-1.7.0-openjdk-18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124.el6_3.x86_64 rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1 is needed by java-1.7.0-openjdk-126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52.el6_3.x86_64
- So how can I (at all?) install a 1.7.0 version of openJDK on a RHEL5.8?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.8 and before
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.