- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Why is
/usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py get-updates nongenerating core files ?
- yumBackend is a backend for PackageKit to enable yum functionality.
- Disabling the Packagekit service helps resolve this error.
To disable auto update, perform the following command :
# systemctl stop packagekit # systemctl mask packagekit
Refer the following link for more details on : How to disable/enable automatic updates in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7?
- Application crash occurs at different functions calls in the code.
- There is a possibility that there is a user intervention with SIGQUIT character.
Errors seen in the /var/log/messages :
Core was generated by /usr/bin/python /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py get-updates non . Program terminated with signal 3, Quit.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.