- upgraded RHN Satellite from 4.2 to 5.3 and migrated API scripts, one of which calls "errata.listPackages" RHN API method on the server
- made some tests using it, in both server(4.2 and 5.3), and I faced a big difference between Satellite 4.2 and 5.3 servers -
RHN 4.2: 5 seconds to run.
RHN 5.3: 10 minute to run.
$ time ./pkgsrhn42.py
$ time ./pkgrhn53.py
- /var/log/rhn/rhn_web_api.log on 5.3 Satellie shows the folowing when running the command:
[2010-08-03 16:15:36,772] INFO - REQUESTED FROM: *callerIp* CALL: user.listUsers(13646168x776a47cb1a522f15a4d2002a44384728) CALLER: TIME: 90.323 seconds
- Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite 5.3.x
- Large database (large deployment, long time usage)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.