- Unable to mount filesystem:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/vg-lv, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so
- EXT3-fs (dm-2): error: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (240)
- EXT4-fs (dm-2): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.