- We are randomly facing an issue while accessing/mounting NFS shares on Redhat Linux machines.
- We have RHEL servers with RHEL 5.,6. and 7.* in our environment. This issue is specific to RHEL 7.6 clients only.
- This issue is not seen with RHEL7.6 client not in a loadbalancer network.
- This issue is not seen with RHEL7.5 client in a loadbalancer network.
- The combination of both RHEL7.6 and loadbalancer seems to trigger the issue.
- When NIS users logs in ..login fails as the NFS home directory is not getting mounted.
- df -h command hangs.
- Server reboot helps for time being. Issue reoccurs randomly after sometime.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 (NFS client)
- kernel-3.10.0-957.el7 and before kernel-3.10.0-957.5.1.el7
- seen on network with load balancer
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.