- A user can not access a SMB share under a DFS namespace.
- The user's access is limited by the access rights of a different user whose credential cache was used to mount the DFS namespace.
- This behavior is limiting access to shares, but is not granting additional access to shares.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 beta
- Kerberos or NTLM based security flavors
- DFS share mounted with SMB or SMB2
mount.cifsmount options include
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.