- Some processes in system have very long command lines. When one tries to list the all parameters of those long parameters processes using
ps -efcommand, only 4096 bytes of the command line are displayed and the rest is truncated.
- Why does /proc/<pid>/cmdline truncate a command line longer than 4K?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.