- I would like to seek advice on whether there is a JBOSS esb "mail provider" available that enables me receive/send email through the JBOSS SOA Platform to a mail server.
- The only approach I managed to find on the web was to use a JCA mail connector. However, this solution only allows me to listen to 1 email account and that account has to be preconfigured in the esb project.
- What I wish to achieve is to allow instances of my client applications to interface with a mail server (e.g. Microsoft exchange) through the SOA Platform. The email accounts to interface with the backend mail server is only determined when the clients logon to the SOA Platform and thus cannot be preconfigured.
- We could probably view the SOA Platform as a relay/proxy to a mail server.
- What we wish to achieve for our project is to use the SOA Platform to be able to send and receive emails for multiple users. Clients would connect to the SOA platform via HTTP interfaces that we provide.
- My wish is to find out if there are any existing components/providers that we can use to integrate a mail server (e.g. Microsoft Exchange 2010) to the SOA Platform to perform the above described functions?
- The reason for wishing to implement something like this is :
- We wish to have complete control over all the emails going in/out of the system.
- We wish for the mail server to be abstracted from the client applications. They should only communicate with the SOA Platform.
- Only users logged in to the SOA platform should be allowed to send emails.
- If such a feature is not available in SOA-P 5, could I check if there are any plans in the JBoss SOA-P roadmap to have a service like this?
- JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform (SOA-P)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.