- I unpresented a storage LUN from the system but forgot to flush the multipath map first, and now all LVM commands are hanging.
- I removed a storage device and now all LVM commands hang.
When I issue commands that access my storage devices and I have a multipath map with all paths failed, the command hangs indefinitely. Multipath messages in syslog show:
Sep 20 20:54:56 hostname multipathd: mpatha: remaining active paths: 0
- When attempting to perform LVM commands (lvremove, lvcreate, vgdisplay, etc.) on a server, some of the commands hang and never come back. They resist 'kill -9'. Is there a way of bringing them back or stopping the processes without rebooting as a last resort?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4, 5, 6, 7
- One or more multipath maps using queue_if_no_path, and having no active paths remaining (all failed/faulty in
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.