- After updating our systems to RHEL 6.4 from RHEL 6.2, a custom CPU intensive application is suffering a 20% increase in time to complete.
- Basic checks performed:
- sysctl settings are identical
- VMWare-tools reinstalled after the update
- VMWare configuration set to “None” to disable hyperthreading.
- cpuspeed service disabled
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, version 6.4
- VMWare guest
- Custom CPU intensive application
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.