- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
- The local yum repository created using installation media returns following error when any yum command is run:
'InstallMedia': Error parsing config: Error parsing "baseurl = 'file///media/RHEL-6.9 Server.x86_64'": URL must be http, ftp, file or https not ""
- : (colon) is missing in baseurl
- Caused by missed ":" in the baseurl
# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/local.repo [InstallMedia] name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9 baseurl=file///media/RHEL-6.9\ Server.x86_64 <-----<< : is missing mediaid=1489025761.767832 metadata_expire=-1 gpgcheck=0 cost=500
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.