- After upgrading RHEL 7.3 to RHEL 7.4 under RHEV-M environment, virtual machines could no longer talk to outside network.
- VMs could talk to other VMs on the same host (via the bridge) but no traffic could go in or outside network.
- After finding this was only happening on a few hosts in the same cluster, realized the issue was with having an
- When disabled
SR-IOVat Dell BIOS level, the VMs were able to talk again to outside environment.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4
- Red Hat enterprise Virtualization-M 4.0
- Intel X710-DA2 NIC
- SR-IOV Feature
- Dell Server R430s
- Network Driver: i40e
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.