- After upgrading to Red Hat Openstack 12 a repeated messages as "containerd: (pid xxx) has become an orphan, killing it" are seen from the logs.
- Continuous messages like below are seen from the logs in OpenShift Container Platform environment.
- Repeated "containerd: (pid xxx) has become an orphan, killing it" messages are shown in
localhost dockerd-current: level=warning msg="containerd: unable to save dd593b64a01afb597bbbc299e9877264b358c4b44128ca5faee91c5feb16e814:be232d5dc96e5b37cb57b59aae0c6e291dc5a4a96d06084c9f6bffed57830f53 starttime: open /proc/626895/stat: no such file or directory" localhost dockerd-current level=info msg="containerd: dd593b64a01afb597bbbc299e9877264b358c4b44128ca5faee91c5feb16e814:be232d5dc96e5b37cb57b59aae0c6e291dc5a4a96d06084c9f6bffed57830f53 (pid 626895) has become an orphan, killing it"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- docker-1.13.1-37.git9a813fa.el7 and older
- Red Hat Openshift Container Platform 3.x
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 12
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.