- Red Hat Satellite 6.2
- Attempting to re-register host using Activation key fails with the following errors:
# subscription-manager register --org="Default_Organization" --activationkey="default_activation_key" organization Default_organization does not exist. # subscription-manager register --org="XYZ" --activationkey="ABC_ActivationKey" Remote server error. Please check the connection details, or see /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log for more information.
- Remove the old katello-ca-consumer rpm and clear all the cache generated by subscription-manager :
The following command will give you the exact name of the katello-ca-consumer rpm to remove. # rpm -qa katello-ca-consumer* katello-ca-consumer-<satellite_FQDN>-X.0-X.noarch # rpm -e katello-ca-consumer-<satellite_FQDN>-X.0-X.noarch # subscription-manager clean
- Now restart the rhsmcertd service:
# systemctl restart rhsmcertd
- Install latest
# rpm -Uvh http://<satellite_FQDN>/pub/katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpm
- Re-register the server to the satellite using the following command:
# subscription-manager register --org="Default_Organization" --activationkey="default_activation_key"
- The Issues were with rhsmcertd service and old cache of subscription-manager were present and that is why the host was not able to register.
- Logs from /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log
2018-01-03 19:28:54,943 [ERROR] rhsmcertd-worker:14180:MainThread @rhsmcertd-worker:72 - Either the consumer is not registered or the certificates are corrupted. Certificate update using daemon failed. 2018-01-03 22:34:32,927 [INFO] rhsmcertd-worker:14342:MainThread @rhsmcertd-worker:67 - X-Correlation-ID: 52643a010266769cb65364ae73cc483b 2018-01-03 22:34:32,928 [ERROR] rhsmcertd-worker:14342:MainThread @rhsmcertd-worker:72 - Either the consumer is not registered or the certificates are corrupted. Certificate update using daemon failed.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.