- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Why the following message is output
modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting acpiphp (/lib/modules/2.6.18-164.el5/kernel/drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp.ko): No such device
- Your hardware does not support PCI hotplug.
- acpiphp is an ACPI Hot Plug PCI Controller Driver.
- Run the following command, then the message is output.
# modprobe acpiphp
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.