- Filesystems went to read only mode after following error:
kernel: __ratelimit: 112 callbacks suppressed kernel: sd 0:2:0:0: [sda] Unhandled error code kernel: sd 0:2:0:0: [sda] Result: hostbyte=DID_ERROR driverbyte=DRIVER_OK kernel: sd 0:2:0:0: [sda] CDB: Read(10): 28 00 05 77 9b 20 00 01 00 00 kernel: __ratelimit: 112 callbacks suppressed kernel: device-mapper: multipath: Failing path 8:0. multipathd: 8:0: mark as failed multipathd: mpathk: remaining active paths: 0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Observed on kernel-2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.
- Issue began to occur after upgrading from kernel-2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.
- Dell Poweredge R710 with Dell PERC H700 integrated storage controller:
- Observed on storage controller firmware version 2.10.
- PERC H700 controller is on the latest firmware.
# dmesg | grep PERC H700
scsi 0:2:0:0: Direct-Access DELL PERC H700 2.10 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
scsi 0:2:1:0: Direct-Access DELL PERC H700 2.10 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.