- After upgrading to RHEL 6.9, kernel version 2.6.32-696.6.3, I/O write performance to SSD disks serviced by the hpsa driver is seriously degraded
- SSD write performance is so slow the processes were hitting the 120 second kernel time out for blocked tasks.
- Rebooting back into the prior kernel performance was restored to the application.
- System upgraded from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.9
- Kernel version upgraded to is 2.6.32-696.6.3
- HPE Smart Array Adapter (hpsa driver)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.