Using LVM on compute nodes. This can cause problems such as:
- Conflicting VG names on the compute.
- The LVM on the compute to adjust metadata that the instance is not aware of, leading to things like missing volumes.
- Detaching could fail and maps could still be marked as still "in use" due to LVM attaching itself to the multipath device.
- Red Hat Openstack Plaform 6
- Red Hat Openstack Plaform 7
- Red Hat Openstack Plaform 8
- Red Hat Openstack Plaform 9
- Red Hat Openstack Plaform 10
- Red Hat Openstack Plaform 11
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Customize or extend
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.