- Data Center won't come up after power outage or scheduled maintenance.
- Partial network or storage outage.
- Hosts are switching between Not-Responding and Up state.
- Cannot start VMs
- Cannot manage the environment after complete shutdown and restart.
- Following messages are seen in the Events tab:
VDSM command ConnectStorageServerVDS failed: Message timeout which can be caused by communication issues
Host is not responding. It will stay in Connecting state for a grace period of 60 seconds and after that an attempt to fence the host will be issued.
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.x
- NFS Data/ISO/Export Domain that is currently down, unreachable.
- iSCSI Data Domain that is currently down or partially reachable (multipath).
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.