- Trying to execute oc, rsh, or oc logs commands produces the following message:
Error from server: Upgrade request required
- Using an AWS Elastic Load Balancer does not allow me to look at pod logs, exec, or remote into my OpenShift container.
OpenShift RestAPI request with exec command failed with error "Upgrade request required". Failed response for the rest request:
# curl --http2 -k -v -H "Connection: upgrade" -H "Upgrade: SPDY/3.1" -XGET -H "Authorization: Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" -H "User-Agent: oci/v1.5.2+43a9be4 (linux/amd64) kubernetes/43a9be4" -H "Accept: application/json, */*" "https://openshift.example.com:443/api/v1/namespaces/<project>/pods/jbosscron-1-b584c/exec?%2Fcron%2Farchievelog.sh&container=jbosscron&container=jbosscron&stdin=true&stdout=true&tty=false"
- OpenShift Enterprise 3.0, 3.1, 3.2
- OpenShift Container Platform 3.3 and later
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Customize or extend
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.