- We are considering ovs-bond setup with lacp 802.3ad on OpenStack Controller NIC.
In the document of RHOSP 10 "Advanced OverCloud Customization" below I found that this setup can not be used.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10 - Advanced Overcloud Customization - Appendix C. Open vSwitch Bonding Options - Red Hat Customer Portal
Do not use LACP with OVS-based bonds, as this configuration is problematic and unsupported. : For the technical details behind this requirement, see ~~BZ#1267291~~ [BZ #1562801](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1562801).
An old questions (asked when documentation referenced BZ #1267291) :
- However, according to the linked bug information, this BZ#1267291 was closed (CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE) on July 7 at RHOSP 7 (Kilo), RHOSP 8 (Liberty). Please tell us whether this configuration is currently available ?
- Above restriction can only be found in the Director document. Please also tell us whether you can use without any restrictions without Director ?
Current version references BZ #1562801 which clearly states that OVS+LACP setup is not ready.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.