- How can we ensure temporary tables are available during statement execution when required?
- Currently facing problems with Hibernate 5 accessing temporary DB2 tables 1. These tables are used internally by hibernate e.g. in the context of entity deletion (using a mechanism called
MultiTableBulkIdStrategywhich is implemented by
GlobalTemporaryTableBulkIdStrategyin the Hibernate
While this works with Hibernate 4 and our application, the temporary tables cannot be accessed with Hibernate 5.
Instead of accessing the temporary tables, table names are prefixed with
SESSION.HT_, Hibernate 5 tries to access "real" schema tables which of course does not work, as these tables (as well as the schema SESSION) do not exist.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- 7.0.6, 7.0.5, 7.0.4, 7.0.3, 7.0.2, 7.0.1, 7.0.0
- Migration from EAP 6.4.x
- Migration from Hibernate 4 to 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.