- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- The H200 PERC RAID controller requires device drivers that are only present in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 and above.
- Use a supported controller and the software RAID functionality provided by Red Hat Enterprise Linux*. Software RAID may be implemented at time of installation, and the current documentation for that can be found here:****
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 System Administration Guide
*At the time this article was written, Dell supplied/supported RAID controllers include (but are not limited to) the following devices:
- PERC 6/E SAS controller with RAID
- PERC 6/I SAS controller with RAID
- SAS 5/E controller with RAID
- SAS 6I/R SAS controller with RAID
- PERC H800
- PERC H700
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.