- Kump fails because second kernel fails to start on KVM guest and the following message is output:
SysRq : Trigger a crashdump
Memory for crash kernel(0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range
..MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
Kernel panic - not syncing: IO-APIC + timer doesn't work! Try using the 'noapic' kernel parameter
- This problem occurs on KVM guest with multiple processor and does not occurs with single processor.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 x86_64
- kernel-2.6.18-189.el5 or later
- Affecting both x86/x86_64 guest
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.