The upgrade to RHV 4 would involve:
1. Re-provisioning each RHV host with RHEL 7 and RHV 3.6 'vdsm'.
2. Increase the compatibility version of the clusters to 3.6.
3. Backup the Manager, re-provision it with RHEL 7, install RHV-M 4.0 and restore the backup.
Update all hosts with RHV 4.0 'vdsm'.
Increase the compatibility version of the clusters to 4.0.
Steps 1. and 4. require live migration of the VMs since the hosts will be temporarily unavailable and we'd like to know if it would be possible to coalesce step 4. into step 1., so we want an answer on whether running RHV 4.0 vdsm with RHV-M 3.6 would be a supported scenario in order to save one of the two rounds of live migrations.
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.5, 3.6
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.0
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.