- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 and 6
- What information does virt-who pull from vCenter?
- Does virt-who keep this information local or provide it to the customer portal?
- virt-who passes the uuid of the guest, which will then be mapped to the host uuid, to subscription-manager.
- The information is stored in the system facts file
- subscription-manager which then sends the information to the server to which the guest is registered (Customer Portal, Subscription Asset Manager (SAM), or System Engine).
- virt-who can query hostname only if
hypervisor_idconfiguration option is set to
hostnameand if the hostname is not supplied, it might get an IP address from /etc/sysconfig/virt-who file.
- virt-who only queries for basic information about hosts and guests including hostname, UUID and structure how they are connected together.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.