VM migrations were failing without providing any meaningful error.
The Event Log in the RHEV Admin Portal showed;
Failed to migrate VM abc to Host xyz. Trying to migrate to another Host
- The vdsm logs on the source host showed;
Thread-12509491::ERROR::2016-12-22 09:49:56,307::migration::252::virt.vm::(_recover) vmId=`36710f55-4f25-4c80-912e-d7c9dfc87b99`::migration destination error: Fatal error during migration
- The vdsm logs on the destination host showed;
jsonrpc.Executor/0::DEBUG::2016-12-22 09:49:56,304::API::601::vds::(migrationCreate) Migration create - Failed jsonrpc.Executor/0::DEBUG::2016-12-22 09:49:56,305::API::607::vds::(migrationCreate) Returning backwards compatible migration error code
- A side-effect of this is that a host can go into an
ERRORstate if more than a pre-defined number of these occur within a set period of time. Please refer to the following KBase article for more information.
- Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) 4.0 (prior to 4.0.7)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.3, 7.4 hosts;
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.