- Restart operation fails to start EAP when shutdown hasn't completed and start script is invoked
- When using custom start-script to start EAP 6, JON starts restart but does not finish it. As a result EAP 6 is down but not started again.
- Our EAP 6 custom start script checks if the process is still running and if that is the case, it will not start a new one:
... status check=$? # If already running then do not attempt to start it twice. Also set the # value of exit code i.e. RETVAL to 0 if [ $check -eq 0 ]; then echo -n -e " Not starting it Twice \n" RETVAL=0 return $RETVAL fi ...
However, with this script, when trying to restart EAP 6 instance, our server is shut down but it's not started again (we get "Not starting it Twice" message). What is the problem?
- JBoss Operations Network (JON) 3.1.1, 3.1.2
- JBoss AS7 plug-in for JBoss ON
- Invocation of JBoss application server's restart operation
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- 6.0.x, 6.1.x
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.