- Restart operation fails to start EAP when shutdown hasn't completed and start script is invoked
- When using custom start-script to start EAP 6, JON starts restart but does not finish it. As a result EAP 6 is down but not started again.
- Our EAP 6 custom start script checks if the process is still running and if that is the case, it will not start a new one:
... status check=$? # If already running then do not attempt to start it twice. Also set the # value of exit code i.e. RETVAL to 0 if [ $check -eq 0 ]; then echo -n -e " Not starting it Twice \n" RETVAL=0 return $RETVAL fi ...
However, with this script, when trying to restart EAP 6 instance, our server is shut down but it's not started again (we get "Not starting it Twice" message). What is the problem?
- JBoss Operations Network (JON) 3.1.1, 3.1.2
- JBoss AS7 plug-in for JBoss ON
- Invocation of JBoss application server's restart operation
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- 6.0.x, 6.1.x
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network