- Server renames itself when doing DHCP
- When enabling a system to get an IP via DHCP, and that IP address is registered in DNS under the DHCP domain, the system will change its hostname
- DNS reverse lookup (PTR record) is used as hostname instead of "localhost"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- DHCP server which provides DHCP hostnames
- IP address which has DNS reverse lookup (PTR) records (IP may be provided via DHCP)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.