- The superuser root is not able to switch to the newly added users.
- Only the users which are part of
rootas their secondary group can get the shell.
- There is no changes in
- The shell available for the newly added users is
- Following is the example of the issue.
# useradd -u 1000 test # passwd test Changing password for user test. New UNIX password: Retype new UNIX password: passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully. # su - test su: /bin/bash: Permission denied
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (all)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.