- I have a question from customer about following description regarding KVM live migration.
- Chapter 4. KVM live migration in Virtualization Administration Guide
If the original guest modifies pages faster than KVM can transfer them to the destination host, offline migration must be used, as live migration would never complete.
- Is there any example about case that 'the original guest modifies pages faster than KVM can transfer them to the destination host'?
- Also, it says that live migration would never complete, but what behavior is it concretely?
- Is there any recommended method to cancel migration using virsh or virt-manager except for killing of processes (virsh and virt-manager)?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.