- I am migrating scripts from UNIX (i.e. HP-UX) to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Is there a conversion script?
- We are currently migrating our systems from HP-UX to RHEL. On HP-UX we have scripts for various purposes. Initial testing indicates that these scripts cannot run under RHEL without modification. What is the best practice migration strategy for such a case? Is there a tool available for converting HP-UX scripts to Linux? Do we have to do it brute-force by going through all scripts line by line and then run test scenarios afterwards?
- Can scripts be automatically converted for a UNIX->RHEL migration?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- scripts and procedures from previous UNIX environments, to be migrated to RHEL
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.