- Periodically our RHEL6 NFS server stops responding to NFS requests and we see 'nfs: server XYZ not responding, still trying messages in the NFS client's
- The unresponsiveness of the NFS server happens for only around 5-10 minutes, then resolves on its own.
- The issue seems to occur around the top of the hour fairly regularly.
- There are 2 clients affected by this issue. The issue seems to only happen on one client at a time.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (NFS server)
- seen on kernel-2.6.32-642.1.1.el6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.