- after an upgrade from RHEV 3.5.x to 3.6.x the Administration Portal becomes slower over time.
- management of RHEV 3.6+ / RHV 4+ environment when using Administration Portal is very difficult. Mouse clicks take a very long time to respond. Web browser hangs for 15-20 seconds.
- RHEV 3.6+ / RHV 4+ Administration Portal's response rate is slow. Scrolling through the VM list and Editing the VM is only possible with a lot of delay.
- when using Internet Explorer to access the Administration Portal the response rate is the slowest. Whilst the performance improves when using Firefox ESR and with Chrome Web Browser it gets even better. Nonetheless even with Chrome the operation is far from stable.
- the performance of Administration Portal degrades over time.
- on the client the memory usage for the web browser grows rapidly: ~ 1 GiB RAM in 10 minutes. The average CPU load is ~60% and 99% in peaks even though the browser is not in use. This is most visible in the Virtual Machine tab.
- the problem is more evident in big RHEV/RHV environments (~ 3000 VMs)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.