- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- SAP NetWeaver 7.51 or later
- SAP kernel 748 or later
- Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP19 (SWPM) or later
- SAPinst 749 and higher
- Installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.51 and later on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 fails with the message 'GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found
- As per SAP note for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP19(SWPM), compat-sap-c++ package is required. Package is not available in yum repository.
- After upgrading to SAP kernel 748 and later, SAP system fails to start with the message
/usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by disp+work) /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by disp+work)
To meet the new SAP runtime compatibility library requirement for the installation of the latest SAP NetWeaver products (SAP NetWeaver 7.51 or later ) or for the usage of latest SAP kernels ( SAP kernel 748 or higher), Red Hat is shipping the package compat-sap-c++ via Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP applications channel. To access this channel, Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP applications subscription is required.
compat-sap-c++ package is also required for the Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP19(SWPM) or later.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, no additional package is required to meet the runtime library requirement.
Follow the steps in the below kbase article if
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP applications subscription is available in your account
What should I do after switching to Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP applications from regular Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription ?
After subscribing the system to
RHEL for SAP channel, execute the below commands
1. Install the package
# yum install compat-sap-c++
2. Create a symlink to the compat library
# mkdir /usr/sap/lib # ln -s /opt/rh/SAP/lib64/compat-sap-c++.so /usr/sap/lib/libstdc++.so.6
3. Changing the file/directory ownership of /usr/sap/lib to "sapadm:sapsys" or "<-sid->adm:sapsys" (replace the SID appropriately).
4. Start SAP installation or update with SAP kernel 748 or higher.
For the overview of
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP application subscription refer the below kbase article
Overview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Business Applications subscription
Refer the below SAP notes for more information
1. SAP Note 2195019 - Linux: Using SAP kernel 748 and higher on RHEL 6, OL6 and SLES 11
2. 680045 - Release Note for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP19
SAP Service Market Place login is required to access the above SAP notes.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.