RHEV: Mouse pointer is moving too fast inside a VM
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) 2.1
- Windows guest
- The mouse pointer is moving too fast on the VM.
- Make certain you are connecting to the VM directly, and not from another remote desktop.
- From within the VM, verify that RHEV guest tools are installed. If not - please install.
- From within the VM, check mouse configuration:
- Click on Start -> Control Panel
- Double-Click the Mouse Icon
- Switch to the Pointer Options Tab
- Uncheck the Enhance Pointer Precision
There are several reason for such a behavior:
1. Windows Pointer Precision Enhancement is not interacting well through SPICE/VNC.
2. You are trying to use SPICE through another Remode Desktop connection type (RDP/VNC/WebEx/etc)
- Red Hat Virtualization
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.