- Which clock source for e.g. HPET vs. TSC is more reliable?
- basically 'hpet' does consume more cpu time than 'tsc'. that means that 'hpet' is not useful as a clocksource. right?
but I think in some workload or some environment, 'hpet' is useful perhaps. is it right? or nope?
- my question is that when I should consider to change the clocksource between 'tsc' and 'hpet'? or Do I just use 'tsc' as clocksource always?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.