- Which clock source for e.g. HPET vs. TSC is more reliable?
- basically 'hpet' does consume more cpu time than 'tsc'. that means that 'hpet' is not useful as a clocksource. right?
but I think in some workload or some environment, 'hpet' is useful perhaps. is it right? or nope?
- my question is that when I should consider to change the clocksource between 'tsc' and 'hpet'? or Do I just use 'tsc' as clocksource always?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.