- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 update 7
- Hardware Raid controller
- Unable to run any commands from the command line. Receiving a "bus error" when executing commands.
Reboot the Server using the command:
Once the system is booting up, navigate into the Hardware RAID BIOS SetUp. Re-initialise the hardware RAID array and reboot the server.
- The server was generating bus errors and in particular pertaining to disk IO.
- Rebooted the server.
- Opened up the Hardware Raid Controllers BIOSand checked for Disk or Array errors.
- Perfom an exhaustive test on the Physical Memory and check for errors.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.