- Working on getting CloudForms appliance to run in Azure
- Uploaded the cfme-azure-220.127.116.11-1.x86_64.vhd to an Azure account
- VM creation using the appliance image is failing to complete and power on the VM
error: Long running operation failed with error: 'VM 'cf-vmdb' did not start in the allotted time. The VM may still start successfully. Please check the power state later.'. error: vm create command failed
- The appliance image size is 1.9GB when downloaded from the portal
- The size of the uploaded image is also 1.9GB
The size of the appliance disk is 32GB (when looking at the defined size of the .vhd)
Microsoft documentation states that Azure is not compatible with dynamically sized disks.
Added a second disk to the VM during creation for the VMDB and in the storage container it is showing the full fixed size, whereas the OS disk (from the image) is showing just 1.9GB
- Red Hat CloudForms 4.1
- Microsoft Azure
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.